FAC/FCJ Driver’s License Suspensions

In the state of Michigan, an individual's driver's license may be suspended for FAC, or Failure to Appear in Court, or FCJ, Failure to Comply with Judgment. As highly skilled driver's license restoration lawyers, we work diligently to help visitors to our site understand the various laws in Michigan relevant to suspension and/or revocation of driver’s licenses.

Michigan Driver's License Attorney Assisting Clients Whose Licenses Have Been Suspended for Failure to Appear in Court or Failure to Comply with Judgment

When an individual fails to respond to a traffic citation in Michigan (FAC) or fails to comply with a judgment ordered by the court (FCJ), the local courts notify the Michigan Department of State that the individual's license will be suspended. At this point, the individual will be notified by the Department of the suspension, which will continue until the issue is resolved. Essentially, these administrative suspensions require that the individual pays the fine or judgment ordered by the court, along with a reinstatement fee, or appear in court so that the judge can determine if the suspension will be lifted, along with a reinstatement fee. Which scenario applies in your situation will depend on whether your license was suspended due to FAC or FCJ. In either situation, the core of the issue is that outstanding traffic tickets have not been paid.

You may secure a printout of any FCJ or FAC suspension(s) at a local branch office prior to contacting the appropriate court so that the listed traffic citation can be settled. Upon clearing of the FAC or FCJ, the court will advise the Michigan Department of State, who will then clear the suspension so that the court can provide you with clearance necessary to present to your local branch office so that you can obtain a termination statement.

According to MCL 257.907(11), motorists will have their driver's license suspended for an additional 30 days if convicted of a moving violation at the time his/her license was suspended due to FAC/FCJ. The conviction may be related to any moving violation, and does not apply only in a situation where you were convicted of driving on a suspended license. If this applies in your situation, payment of an additional $125 reinstatement fee will be necessary before you will have your license reinstated so that you can legally drive.

If your driver's license was suspended in the state of Michigan due to an FAC or FCJ violation, you will be required to pay a reinstatement fee of $45 to the court; this is on top of any other fines imposed by the court. The $125 reinstatement fee paid to the Secretary of State following an additional 30-day suspension for a moving violation conviction is also separate.

For additional questions regarding driver's license suspension for Failure to Appear in Court or Failure to Comply with Judgment, we urge you to call Grabel & Associates today at 1-800-677-9795 or contact us online for a free consultation 24/7.

Please note: Recently Administrative Hearings Section (AHS) changed their name to the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight. Common use of the name Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight has not yet been widely accepted and the entity responsible for driver's license hearings is still referred to as AHS in almost all legal areas, which is why we continue to use the term "AHS" throughout our website. More information about this change can be found at the Michigan Secretary of State's website here.

Client Reviews

Mr. Grabel took time to listen to me, and fully explain myself on my first call, well before I signed the retainer. He really listened, he understood the legal proses, and suggest a course of action that cost me nothing beyond the initial retainer, and it ended favorably for me. Not only did I get what I want, but I received more help that I thought I would get. The amount of attention I received was pleasantly surprising. Mr. Grabel took a real interest in my case, because he understood I had done no wrong. He really fought for me! I'll return to Scott Grabel if I ever need him again FOR SURE. H.R.
This firm is no joke! DO NOT waste your money on any other law firm in the state. I paid $3000 for a "high-level" attorney and was denied twice. After having a consultation with Grabel & Associates, they could not believe I was ever denied and got my license back first try. I am telling you from first hand experience - INVEST IN GRABEL & ASSOCIATES!! Rob
My lawyer was extremely thorough, and did everything possible to make sure I got the results I was looking for. R.B.