Preparing for Your DAAD/DLAD Hearing
Drivers who were arrested for DUI or OWI in Michigan and who seek to have their driver's license reinstated must plead their case at a hearing in front of the Driver Assessment and Appeal Division (DAAD) of the Michigan Secretary of State.
You Get One Chance Per Year–Do It Right The First Time!
If you find yourself in that position, you should know that you get only one such hearing per year. Fail at one, and you can't drive for at least another year. It is crucial, therefore, that you get help to ensure that you are as prepared as possible for that key hearing.
The experienced Michigan attorneys at Grabel & Associates serve hundreds of clients each year in matters related to DUI/DWI/OWI charges. We represent clients at hundreds of DAAD hearings across the state. We are ready to use our in-depth knowledge of Michigan laws and our practical experience (gathered from appearances in front of every Hearing Officer in the state) to help you avoid the pitfalls that may arise in such hearings. We are also well prepared to address the particular issues related to suspension or revocation of commercial driver's licenses (CDL).
Our initial consultation with an attorney is free and confidential. You can reach us 24/7, and we accept all credit cards.
We work hard to help our clients prepare for their DAAD/DLAD hearings. We also argue persuasively, aggressively and effectively on their behalf, so they can get their license back at the earliest opportunity.
A Record Of Success--And A Written Guarantee
We are proud of our 95% success rate at DAAD/DLAD hearings, and we aim to extend that record! At Grabel & Associates, we provide clients a written guarantee: If we don't succeed in getting their driver's license restored at the first DAAD hearing, we will represent them at no charge in any future hearings--until their driving privileges are restored. So we work hard the first time, making sure that we take all the steps necessary for success. For example:
- we will help you schedule and prepare for the substance abuse evaluation required by the State of Michigan
- we will help you gather the most effective letters of reference on your behalf
- we will document any history of treatment or relapse
- we will prepare all the witnesses--including you--to testify truthfully and in a manner that will impress the Hearing Officer (find out more about what you will need to prove at a DAAD hearing)
- we will help you anticipate questions that the Hearing Officer is likely to ask, and help you make your answers clear and direct
- we will schedule your 10 Panel drug screening
- we will gather and present the documents that will demonstrate lifestyle changes that make you unlikely to re-offend
Both professional truck drivers and commuters rely on their driving privileges for making a living. Being able to drive may make the difference between financial success or disaster, between a health crisis that is averted and one that is magnified, or between being a help or a burden on other family members. We understand how high the stakes are. We are aggressive in getting your license back as quickly as possible. Our attorneys' track record and experience for successful driver's license restoration is unsurpassed for getting our clients their driver's licenses reinstated.
Let us help you get through the DAAD hearing quickly and successfully. To schedule a free consultation and find out more about preparing for your DAAD/DLAD hearing, please call a lawyer at Grabel & Associates at 1-800-677-9795 (toll free), or fill out and submit our online "Contact Us" form.